Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Moti Girl Diary- Week Five, will I survive?

Hi there my faithful readers, this is your Moti-girl checking in.  I don't know why I just don't feel very motivated to write this week.  I don't know what's wrong with me?  Is this the plateau everyone talks about? I'm not feeling as excited and most importantly I am seriously-aggravatingly-annoyed at making the better food choices.  I'm a carb girl.  I love me some rice, bread and potatoes. The more the better.  For someone who has a rich family history of diabetes, I need to avoid these yummies at all costs.  Even knowing that and being reminded of it daily, can I please be excused for being annoyed at this and rant about how I miss my good ol' carbs?  With my brother's Moti girl song constantly playing on repeat in my head, I feel like there is caldron of irritation brewing inside me ready to unload on any unsuspecting well wisher.  Well, now that you get a feel for the nasty mood I'm in today, please continue to read the nonsense that I spew.  :)



Bossy Boots
So while Leila was at swim practice, Bossy Boots (aka Zaina) and I were sitting off to the corner just horsing around.  Zaina was blissfully playing with her Barbie and picking the red flowers in the picture above to make a bed for her Barbie while I was staring distractedly into space trying to prioritize my workload for the rest of the week. Whenever Zaina's attention was diverted, I kept sweeping away some of the broken flowers back into the planter. Heaven forbid, I might come off as an irresponsible parent who allows her kid to rum amok, make a mess and forget to instill the value of living things by all the onlooking parents in the area by the huge heap of dead flowers at my footstep. Sometimes I have mad OCD.  In my lame attempt to be sly, I discovered the kids' forgotten snack bag and immediately indulged the growling rumbles of my tummy.  I fervently unzipped the bag to discover, FRITOS!  Yes, I had tunnel vision and the only thing on my agenda was to savor every ounce of salty crunchy goodness.  I mean come on now, who doesn't like Chili Cheese Fritos?  Well I sure as hell do and as I closed my eyes to inhale the chips, I was suddenly rudely interrupted by a squeaky voice telling me, "No, Mama, don't do it!"  Emphasis on the "doooo".  WTH?  Are you kidding me?  Now my 2 year-old is keeping me in check too?  I woke up from my wannabe drunken food stupor to find Zaina scolding me, not because I was about to devour her snack but because she discovered that I was sweeping her flowers back into the planter.  Go figure, yes she is quite the cheeky lil monkey.  I laughed, took her picture and chuckled as she continued to scold me for the remaining 14 minutes of Leila's practice. I accepted this as a sign from God and refrained from polishing off the Fritos.

Rib Eye Slider
So on my free day I pigged out. Surprise surprise.  On Saturday night, I was suppose to check out a friend's band Resurrection Men (find them on iTunes) in Cupertino with my brother-in-law Ausaff, but he declined to go and insisted that the Hubby and I enjoy a date night on him.  Wow! So we ventured out in shock and attended their fabulous show and when the set ended we had no idea what to do next. Thanks to twitter and my unhealthy obsessive following of all things food related, I discovered that after SJ Eats (which we sadly avoided due to the overcrowding) the Mogo BBQ food truck (follow them on twitter @MoGoBBQ to find out their location) was happily residing in downtown San Jose till 2:00 AM. Yup, so I dragged Hubby and we took off on our FoodVenture, thus this hideous picture of me took birth.  I will save my formal review of this food truck for a future blog post,  but suffice to say the Rib Eye Slider that I am am making out with above was beyond scrumptious!  I really wanted to try the Short Rib slider which my friend Amber raves about, but unfortunately they were all out.  I probably couldn't tell you the calories I consumed, but really who cares?  The delight I had experienced was well worth the 2000 I calories I ate in that 2.5 seconds. As Rachael Ray would say, YUM-O!

Anyhow, this week has been good overall.  I'm definitely keenly aware of what I am eating and the exercise thing doesn't seem like such a chore anymore.  Yeah, I know I'm quite the Shakespeare.  :)



Well here it is my friends...
Woo hoo I lost 2.0 pounds!
Who'd a thunk it?  I actually did the Moti-Girl happy dance which is a cross between my horse dance and the cabbage patch. Remind me to share a video, I promise you will literally fall over laughing your ass off.  Sorry for my crankiness at the beginning of this post, it just escapes sometimes.  I'm out homies, thanks for reading!  This is your Moti-Girl saying Adios!


Week 1:   3/7/11: 163.2
Week 2:  3/14/11: 161.8
Week 3: 3/21/11: 159.2
Week 4: 3/28/11: 158.8
Week 5: 4/4/11: 156.8

10 comments:

  1. try this! http://techcrunch.com/2011/04/05/too-lazy-to-count-calories-now-you-can-just-take-a-picture-of-your-meal/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can eat a whole bag of Fritos in one sitting. Not something I'm proud of but at least I've come to terms with it. Oh, and I hadn't heard of this food truck and have now made it my goal to get some asap!

    PS: Thanks for coming out Saturday! Good times! And the offer still stands- I'm happy to bring some Doritos (or better yet, Fritos) to Z's party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! you're doing great!and tell your friend "lawyer loves lunch" that only baked doritos will do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't forget the chinese we ate earlier!! LOL good job, dooblee girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not to be gross... but us girls gain 2-3 pounds of water weight (on average) either the week before, during, or after our lovely monthly gift... so take that into account in case you have a not so great week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Amber- couldn't agree with you MORE! Fish and I love MOGO! Let's go find more food trucks to try out. :) says the girl who is trying to lose weight. Thanks for the link about that app, gonna go download it now! So helpful!

    @Azmina- aww you're too sweet! I appreciate it. I already stocked up on junk food galore for the party. Just bring yourself and the hubby and enjoy a great time! I'm always down to peruse new places to eat. I will always be your partner in crime

    @Shabina- FYI this is my cousin who is also an endocrinologist who is keeping a close eye on my diabetes. :) Yes Dr. Ahmed only baked doritos for me. :) Thanks love


    @Arshia- I know tell me about! Free day is the best! :)

    @Anonymous- thanks I never factored that into the equation. :0) Feel better about it already. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

    All I can say is WOW!
    Proud of you....Seema

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holding my breath for Week 6 ;)

    P.s. I read this the second it came out but didn't have anything cool to comment... so I waited the whole week hoping something comes up......

    Alas, all I have to say is........ the picture of you "making-out" with the burrito should be blown up into a poster! hahahahaha.

    Proud of you,
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. my bad. *slider. not burrito. ;)

    ReplyDelete